If you’re celebrating a special occasion – perhaps an anniversary or a “big” birthday, then enjoy a stay here at Ty Newydd bed and breakfast. Spend time relaxing in your room looking out over the beautiful countryside and in the morning enjoy a relaxing breakfast freshly cooked to order.
- Taking a romantic stroll along the canal to the local pub.
- Book a table at a local fine restaurant.
- Visit the local waterfalls.
For guests wanting more flexibility and privacy Dragonfly cottage is available for short breaks. The cottage has a wood burning stove to snuggle round.
Self Catering Shortbreak from £336
Christmas and New Year Breaks
All of our holiday accommodation is available to book over Christmas and the New Year period.
The cottages have central heating which is included. We decorate all our cottages.
One weeks Self-catering available over the festivities – £616 to £775
Family Fun Holidays
The Brecon Beacons is a great place for adventurous families. There is a great variety of healthy and memorable days out. After an enjoyable and tiring day head to one of the family friendly local pubs/inns and restaurants.
Self Catering for a family of 4 starts from £336 for a shortbreak in low season
Activities from Ty Newydd
- Climb a mountain or enjoy family walk along the Canal
- Hire a Canoe and paddle off from the marina next door
- Cycle safely along the canal tow path avoiding main roads
- Hire a day boat and take a picnic
- Explore the Magical Waterfalls at Ystradfellte
- Llangorse Activity Centre – Climbing, zip wire, riding
- Explore The National Showcaves at Dan-yr-ogof – Caves, Dinosaur Park, Iron-Age Village, Shire Horse centre and Stone Circles
- Bleanavon and Big Pit, a world Heritage site – FREE
- St Fagons – Open air museum, walk around wales through history – FREE
- Castles – There are so many it is hard to choose one
Days out with Young Children
- Brecon Mountain Railway – take a trip on a steam train
- Garwnant Visitor Centre – BBNP centre with low rope assault course
- Cantref Adventure Farm – Play equipment and petting farm
- The Play Barn at Brynich, for that rainy day
Weekend Walking Breaks
Head for the hills and unwind at Ty Newydd. We have made it easy for you by provided maps and guide books for you to peruse. You can leave the car parked up for a few days,and walk straight from the door.
Two nights bed and breakfast in a double en-suite £160
Here are a few selected walks:-
- The Beacons Northern Horseshoe – a classic and popular round the 3 peaks of the Central Beacons. We are just three miles away from the start at Cwn Gwdi Army Camp.
- Alternatively you could head down the tow path to Talybont to walk up to the reservoir, forests and waterfalls, or follow the interesting route of the old Brinore tramroad.
- From the house you can walk through the village of Llanfrynach up through the woods, streams and hills to the satisfying hight of Fan y Big, where you will have a dramatic view of the Brecon Beacons
- Finally you could take it abit easier and do a circular route up through fields into Brecon town itself via the Cathedral and then back along the tow path, avoid all main roads.
Three nights B&B, £240
Self Catering Shortbreak from £337